Lighthouse LPO 1170 Low Pressure Molding Hot Melt
The Lighthouse LPO 1170 is an incredibly unique bulk hot melt product used for low pressure molding. This light performance, low viscosity hot melt can be used to create a protective barrier for sensors, electronics, wire and cable connectors and much more providing excellent resistance to fluids and from environmental elements.
Perfect for potting applications, the LPO1170 comes in both amber and black to help match product assembly colors or eliminate sunlight from sensitive components.
Note: Because of a 1 year shelf life, the Lighthouse 1170 is often made to order. Contact us with questions and lead time or for samples.
Lighthouse 1170-A/B Hot Melt Specs
- Form: Pellets
- Color: Amber/Black
- Odor: Slight
- Specific gravity: 1.0
- Temperature limits (*), ºC: -40/+150
- Application temperature, ºC: 220/230
- B&R softening point, ºC: 176
- Glass transition (Tg), ºC: -45
- Brookfield viscosity, cps 2500
(Thermosel @ 220ºC)
Open time (**), (seconds): 7
- Tensile strength, psi: 870
- Elongation at break, %: 500
- Shore A hardness: 90
- Shore D hardness: 40
- Brittleness temperature, ºC: -45
- Moisture absorption, %: 0.6
(@ 23ºC / 50% RH)
- Mass specific resistivity, ohm-cm: 1011
- Surface specific resistivity, ohm: N.D.
- Dielectric rigidity, kV/cm: ~190
- Relative permittivity: 5
- Thermal conductivity (W/M. ºK)
- Coefficient of linear expansion
@ 23ºC: ~0.2
@ 180ºC: ~0.6
of basic material (ppm/ºC): 200-300
MSDS & TDS
Lighthouse LPO 1170 MSDS & TDS Sheets
- Contact us for MSDS
See more: Bulk Hot Melt
Lighthouse LPO 1170 Low Pressure Molding Hot Melt has a rating of stars based on reviews.