Vibra Tite 992 Copper RTV Gasket Maker Silicone
About Vibra-Tite 992 Copper RTV Gasket Maker Silicone
Vibra-Tite RTV Copper Silicone Gasket Maker is a one-part neutral cure sealant with high temperature resistance that cures in the presence of atmospheric moisture to produce a durable and flexible silicone rubber compound.
Vibra-Tite RTV Copper Silicone Gasket Maker creates a long-lasting flexible seal with excellent adhesion to most surfaces. This sealant is intended for a variety of general purpose and industrial applications and retains its elastomeric properties at temperatures from -65° to 700°F. (-53° to 370°C.).
Loctite 5920 Series Silicone Equivalent
- Loctite 82046 300ml
Vibra Tite 992 Silicone Features
- Specially designed for automotive applications such as sealing exhaust manifolds; turbo housings; oxygen sensors; adhering auto and appliance trim; providing form-in-place gaskets for gear boxes, compressors & pumps; sealing trailers and truck cabs; bonding and sealing appliance parts.
- The consistency of Vibra-Tite RTV Copper Silicone Gasket Maker remains uniform over a wide range of temperatures. It may be applied in sub-zero weather without loss of extrusion or physical properties.
- Vibra-Tite RTV Copper Silicone Gasket Maker retains its elastomeric properties at temperatures from -65° to 700°F. and can be used for intermittent exposure at temperatures up to 700°F.
Limitations of Vibra Tite 992 Silicone
Vibra-Tite RTV Copper Silicone Gasket Maker is not recommended for use in the following applications:
- Do not use silicone gasket maker when replacing head gaskets.
- Do not use on parts continuously immersed in gasoline.
- Glazing or edge sealing of insulated glass.
- Structural glazing.
- Copper or brass. The cure byproduct may discolor these surfaces.
- Totally confined spaces. Because the sealant needs atmospheric moisture to cure.
- Surfaces that require painting. Paint will not adhere to most silicone surfaces.
Vibra-Tite 992 Copper Gasket Maker RTV Silicone Specifications
- Sag or Slump: Nil
- Specific Gravity: 1.03
- Tack-free time at 77°F, 50% RH: <1 hr.
- Curing time @77°F, 50% RH¼” bead: 24 hrs.
- Durometer hardness Shore A: >26
- Meets: GM Specification 9985985
|Harmonized Tariff Schedule|
|Country of Origin|
1 Year from date of manufacture
80 mL, 300 mL, 4.5 gal
|Tack Free Time|
|Full Cure Time|
|Temp Range High|
|Max Gap Fill|
|Elongation at break (%)|
Data Sheets »