3M Super 77 Spray Adhesive Celebrates 50th Anniversary
In 1964, 3M gave a whole new meaning to glue with the introduction of 3M Super 77 Spray Adhesive. The world now had glue in an aerosol can. Are you asking yourself, "What is so exciting about that?" Well, let's take a look at the many benefits and uses that this multipurpose spray adhesive has:
- First and foremost, 3M Super 77 Spray Adhesive has been holding things together for 50 years. Yes, 50 years! This is not your average glue in a can, Super 77 has been going strong for 50 years and plans to stick around for many more.
- When using Super 77, you won't have any messy overspray. Its misting spray will give a nice even coverage, very little soaking, and leave the adhesive where it needs to be--on the surface.
- This multipurpose spray is good on just about any surface; whether it be painted or unpainted, cloth, cardboard, paper, wood, metal, foam, carpet, foil, felt--you name it, Super 77 will make it stick.
- You won't be left with any gooey mess or dimpling glue lines like you might have from a liquid glue.
- Let your imagination run wild--you design it and 3M Super 77 Spray Adhesive will be there to help put it all together.
Now for some of the technical information:
- The drying time is approximately 15 seconds to 1 minute and the bonding range is 15 seconds to 15 minutes.
- To get the maximum storage life, which is about 15 months, the spray will need to be stored in temperatures ranging from 60° to 80°F.
- 3M Super 77 Spray Adhesive is flammable, so please use the product responsibly.
- Super 77 is available in the following container sizes: 24 Fl. Oz., large cylinder (29.3 lbs.), 5 gallon pail, and 52 gallon drum.
As you can see, 3M Super 77 Spray Adhesive is not called "The glue that holds the world together" for nothing. With its multipurpose use and 50 year track record, Super 77 is a spray adhesive that will get the job done. Happy 50th Anniversary to 3M Super 77 Spray Adhesive and wishing many more to come!
Other Recent Articles
- Your Complete Guide to Bonding Plastics & Plastic Glue
- An In-Depth Review of Loctite 4090 Hybrid Adhesive
- 6 Reasons Why You Should Always Use an Adhesive Bonding Primer
- Construction Adhesive Applications: Finding the Best Product for Your Job
- The Dos and Don'ts of Working with Silicone Adhesives and Sealants