3M Hot Glue Guns
Ask a question about 3M Hot Glue Guns
Questions about these products? Not sure which is right for your application? Submit your questions and our adhesive experts will get you answers right away. We're here to help.
Here's a quick breakdown of the 3M hot glue guns and which might be right for your application.
- 3M Polygun AE II - uses standard 1/2" (12mm) glue sticks. Good for low volume applications.
- 3M Polygun TC - uses TC size (5/8" X 2") glue sticks. Must be standard temperature glue sticks, also called high temp.
- 3M Polygun LT - uses TC size (5/8" X 2") glue sticks but only low temp versions. These melt at a lower temperature.
- 3M Polygun TC with Quadrack - uses Q size (5/8" X 8" Ribbed) standard temp glue sticks. Good for medium volume applications.
- 3M Polygun LT with Quadrack - uses Q size (5/8" X 8" Ribbed) low temp LT glue sticks. Good for low temperature, medium volume applications.
- 3M Polygun EC - uses Q size (5/8" X 8" Ribbed) glue sticks. Comes with temperature modules so either standard or low temp LT sticks can be used. Good for medium to high volume applications.
- 3M Polygun PG II - uses PG size (1" X 3") glue sticks. This is the only pneumatic air assisted glue gun from 3M and is great for high volume applications or to eliminate user fatigue with effortless dispensing.
This is a great question and very common one when matching 3M glue guns to 3M glue sticks. To choose the correct size, make sure you match the 3M glue gun part number with the glue stick size. For example, the Polygun TC uses TC (5/8" X 2") glue sticks. PG uses PG, AE uses AE, etc.
We also have a great complete hot glue stick sizing guide which dives into the the 3M glue stick sizes in more depth. Still have questions on which 3M glue stick goes with your gun? Contact one of our adhesive experts for a personalized recommendation.
3M hot glue guns are a tried and true line from a trusted brand. These glue guns have been built to hold up to industrial use. These designs have stood the test of time and continue to be favorites across many industries. That said, 3M does not regularly update the form or function of their glue guns so if you're looking for the newest feature you may want to at least compare to other brands on the market.
Most of the 3M glue guns come in either a high temperature (also called standard temperature) or low temperature version. The only exception is the 3M Polygun EC which has temperature modules which can adjust the temperature of the gun.
High temperature 3M glue guns must be used with high temperature glue sticks while low temperature 3M glue guns must be used with low temperature (look for the LT) glue sticks.