Power Adhesives Gas Tec 600 Glue Gun Review
A Little Overview of the Gas TEC 600 from Power Adhesives
We find the Gas Tec 600 is extremely popular with the solid surface industry for templating. Some other common jobs for the Gas Tec 600 include shop fitting, point of purchase displays, ceramic tile displays, automobile dent removal, wiring, flooring and carpet laying. In May 2013, Power Adhesives released a new version of the Gas Tec 600 which improved the ventilation and the new blue LEC (liquid energy cell) which is said to improve the reliability of the glue gun.
- Comes with two LEC gas cartridge, each cartridge allows for about 90 minutes of working time
- Lightweight and easy to use
- The output per hour for isn't bad for butane glue gun
- The Gas Tec 600 has a standby feature to conserve butane
- Remembering to keep LEC gas cartridges filled - at least all gas stations sell the butane needed for refilling.
- We don't think the new Gas Tec 600 has double the output as originally stated it would
Gluegun.com Bottom Line
The Gas Tec 600 is made for applications that need portability.The Gas Tec 600 is the most affordable cordless glue gun we offer. We know that some of our customers have a tenancy to rush a good thing, meaning make sure you let the Gas Tec warm up 5 minutes before giving the trigger a squeeze! We have seen broken triggers on glue guns numerous times, but the Gas Tec 600 is definitely a glue gun that needs proper heating time. It might not be the heaviest duty glue gun, but it is pretty cool. We make sure to have one on hand at the office to testing out glue sticks and what not just because it's cool. The Gas Tec 600 offers portability and ease of use at a cost effective price tag.
Gas Tec 600 Glue Gun Specifications
- Stick Size: 1/2" Glue Sticks
- Watts: 185 Watts
- Output: 3.7 lbs/hr
- Operating Temperature: 380 °F
- Weight: 14 oz
- Thermostatic Gas Valve
GasTec 600 Glue Gun Nozzles
Other Power Adhesives GasTec 600 Glue Gun Accessories