Adhesive Alternative to Welding and Metal Fasteners
Sick of welding? Understandable, who would want to wear a welding mask all day? The answer to reducing your welding hours lies in a special product called Methyl Methacrylate Adhesive (MMA). MMA adhesives have two liquid components that require mixing before application and offer an extraordinary bond to surfaces that require almost no preparation. This type of glue can be applied incredibly simply using a cartridge gun and static mixer nozzle.
What does Methacrylate Adhesive bond?
Besides metals, it works well on composites and engineered plastics.
What makes MMAs easy to work with?
Methacrylate adhesives do not need to be applied to a clean surface for the bond to hold. There can be residues, liquid, dirt, dust and it's no problem. MMA is available in a range of formulas and offers a variety of set times giving you the ability to make adjustments to your materials for specific amounts of time.
What are some common applications for MMA?
Since an MMA adhesive creates a structure bond it's used in a wide variety of applications. Some examples include boat and metal storage and cabinet construction.
Not sure if Methyl Methacrylate Adhesives are right for your application?
Contact us and we will help point you in the direction of the best solution for your project. Gluegun.com carries top adhesives and glue guns to help guarantee success in your next project.
Top MMA Adhesive Recommendations
- ASI MP 55420FSLG - This 10:1 MMA is the top preforming Methacrylate Adhesive from ASI making it ideal for numerous applications. Both components mix together to form a light gray making it easy to see if you are getting a good mix.
- ASI MP 55305 - This 1:1 MMA is for high speed assembly applications it has a working time of 2 to 3 minutes and a 5 to 6 minute fixture time
- ASI MP 55300 - Is a general purpose 1:1 MMA that offers a 6 to 8 minutes working time.
Other Recent Articles
- Ultimate Guide to Static Mixers for 2-Part Adhesives
- PUR Best Practices - Our Top Tips for Working With Polyurethane Hot Melt Adhesives
- Best Adhesive for Bonding Polypropylene PP and Polyethylene PE
- Volume Increasing? Time to Buy Bulk Equipment
- The Most Common Questions - And Answers - About Cyanoacrylate Adhesives