Static Mixer Nozzles for Mixing Two-Component Adhesives
Static mix nozzles are used with both cartridge and a hand held dispenser or with a meter mix and dispense equipment (MMD). Sometimes, static mixers are also referred to as motionless mixer, these nozzles have no moving parts just a series of elements within a plastic tube. When two components are dispensed they are divided and joined repeatedly creating a uniform mix of the adhesive parts.
Check out our unique static mixer finder tool
Benefits of using a static mix nozzle
- Creates consistency in the mix
- Eliminates air from being introduced to the mix
- Easier to maintain control of mixing versus hand mixing
- Eliminates hand mixing
How do you choose the correct static mix nozzle?
- Take into account the ratio of your two component adhesive (1:1, 2:1, 4:1, 10:1 or in larger cylinders for MMD equipment)
- Calculate the pressure that is necessary for mixing your components. Higher viscosity items might require a higher force.
- Calculate how much waste can be afforded. It's necessary to know if the adhesive left in the nozzle is more costly than your application.
Should you buy a hand held dispenser or meter mix and dispense equipment?
- Maximum flow rate: will help you make the decision on if a hand held cartridge gun or MMD equipment is the correct choice for you.
- Volume: Doesn't influence everything but commonly when precise controlled application is required MMD equipment is the way to go, common in assembly line applications.
- Application: some applications require the use of many hand held machines in numerous areas or odd spots where hand held cartridge guns are required.
- Required Adhesives: Some applications require more than one adhesive and a lot of the time it's easier changing a cartridge than it is to change adhesives in MMD equipment which require cleaning and purging adhesives.
Need additional help picking out a mix nozzle or cartridge gun? Give us a call 855-437-7700 or shoot us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.