How to Choose the Right Static Mix Nozzles
Disposable mix nozzles are not always the easiest to pick out, not to mention there are thousands of different kinds. When buying your epoxy nozzles there are different lengths, styles, elements, etc.
Things to keep in mind when buying static mix nozzles:
- Thick viscosity needs a larger diameter nozzle
- Thin viscosity needs a longer/narrower nozzle
Output Required - How much material do you want at once?
- Certain applications require a large amount, meaning a larger diameter nozzle is necessary
- There are also applications that require a small amount of adhesive, we offer mix nozzle that you can add a needle to.
Mix Ratio of Your Adhesive
- The ideal mix ration is 1:1, which is classified as a close mix ratio
- On the other end of the spectrum is 10:1, which is a wide mix ratio
- For example, 10:1 ratio adhesives can use a specialty nozzle like the Sulzer MFHX, otherwise a longer mix nozzle is required to get the best mix
- Square mix nozzles also referred to as Turbo or Quadro mix nozzles.
If you're not sure what static mix nozzle is right for your application, give us a call 855-437-7700 and we will help you through the process.