3M Scotch-Weld 8010 Plastic Adhesive Overview
3M Scotch-Weld™ Structural Plastic Adhesive DP8010 Blue is a two-part acrylic adhesive specially formulated to bond many low surface energy plastics, including many grades of polypropylene, polyethylene, and thermoplastic elastomers (TPEs) without special surface preparation.
Structural bonds can be achieved without special surface treatments such as chemical etching, plasma, flame, corona treatment, or priming. Simply wipe the surfaces with isopropanol to remove mold release agents, dust dirt, etc. 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Structural Plastic Adhesive DP8010 Blue also bonds metals, ceramics, wood, and most other plastics. It is slightly flexible when cured. We also formulate this adhesive with 8 mil spacer beads for bond line spacing.
Features & Benefits
- Creates a strong bond on low surface energy plastics (LSE) such as polyolefin with minimal or no surface prep required
- Resists many chemicals, water humidity, and corrosion
- Formulated to bond multi-material assemblies such as LSE plastics, thermoplastics, composites, and metals
- Medium viscosity allows controlled dispensing
- 10-minute work-life with 60-minute handling strength
- Strong adhesive can replace screws, rivets, and welding
- Joining plastics to metals, such as in the manufacture or repair of appliances
- Bonding low surface energy plastics without priming
- Impact resistance composite bonding
- Manufacture or repair of various sporting goods equipment
- Low surface energy plastics such as polypropylene, polyethylene, and thermoplastic elastomers (TPEs)
Questions about 3M Scotch-Weld 8010 Plastic Adhesive? Our team of adhesive specialists can help. Submit your questions and we'll get you answers right away.
Guaranteed Safe Checkout
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.