- Type: Acrylic Adhesive
- Brand: 3M
- Color: Blue
- Adhesive Ratio: 10:1
- Cartridge Size: 400 ml, 50 ml
- Bonds: Metal, Plastic, Wood
3M Scotch-Weld DP8010 Overview
3M Scotch-Weld DP8010 Blue is a two-part acrylic adhesive specially formulated to bond many low surface energy plastics, including many grades of polypropylene, polyethylene, and thermoplastic elastomers (TPEs) without special surface preparation. It
3M Scotch-Weld DP8010 Features
- Creates strong bond on low surface energy plastics (LSE) such as polyolefin with minimal or no surface prep required
- Resists many chemicals, water, humidity and corrosion
- Formulated to bond multi-material assemblies such as LSE plastics, thermoplastics, composites and metals
- Medium viscosity allows controlled dispensing
- 10 minute work life with 60 minute handling strength
- Strong adhesive can replace screws, rivets and welding
3M Scotch-Weld DP8010 Applications
- Joining plastics to metals, such as in the manufacture or repair of appliances
- Bonding low surface energy plastics without priming
- Impact resistance composite bonding
- Manufacture or repair of various sporting goods equipment
- Low surface energy plastics such as polypropylene, polyethylene and thermoplastic elastomers (TPEs)
|Application||Bonding Composite Materials, Panel to Frame/Stiffner to Panel Assembly, Small Joint Assembly, Sealing, Potting and Encapsulating, Mounting and Trim Attachment|
|Container Size (Imperial)||1.52 fl oz (US), 16.57 fl oz (US)|
|Container Size (Metric)||45.0 ml, 490.0 ml|
|Design Challenges||Noise Vibration & Harshness Control NVH|
|ETIM Class 8.0||EC000529|
|Full Cure Time||8-24 Hours @ 72 F (22 C)|
|Hardness||55-60 Shore D|
|Industries||Construction, Consumer Goods, Electronics, General Industrial, Medical, Metalworking, Military & Government, MRO, Specialty Vehicle, Transportation, Signage, Woodworking|
|Maximum Operating Temperature (Celsius)||66.0 Degree Celsius|
|Maximum Operating Temperature (Fahrenheit)||250.0 Degree Fahrenheit|
|Mix Ratio Volume Base:Accelerator||10 : 1|
|Open Time||10 Minute|
|Physical Form||Flowable Liquid|
|Product Type||Acrylic Adhesive|
|Set Time||60 Minute|
|Shear Strength||2700.0 psi|
|Shelf Life||547 Days|
|Storage Temperature||<=40 Degree Fahrenheit|
|Storage Temperature (Celsius)||4 °C|
|Viscosity Range (cps) at Room Temperature||20,000|
|Work Time||8 Minutes|
Questions about this product? Our application specialists can help. Submit your questions and we'll get you answers right away.
Just so you know...
- We will NOT share your information with anyone.
- We will NOT subscribe you to anything.
- We will NOT hassle you.
- We WILL do our best to help you find the right adhesive solution.
Guaranteed Safe Checkout
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
|Type||Acrylic Adhesive||Methacrylate (MMA)|
|Work Life||8 minutes||4 - 5 minutes|
|Handling Strength||60 minutes||20 - 30 minutes|
|Shelf Life||18 months||6 months|
These values are approximate. Manufacturers often use different parameters for determining adhesive properties. Refer to manufacturer data sheets for detailed specifications. If you have questions, don't hesitate to contact us.