About Loctite 406 Wicking Grade Instant Adhesive
LOCTITE 406 is a colorless, transparent alkoxyethyl-based instant adhesive (cyanoacrylate) capable of curing 2 close fitted surfaces. It is a clear and surface insensitive, wicking grade, room temperature cure instant adhesive was specially created for OEM assembly of elastomeric materials and plastics where very quick fixturing is needed.
This glue has set a new standard for performance. With temperature resistance up to 250°F (120°C), you can keep the strength and fixture time you need in higher heat applications.
Features of Loctite 406 Cyanoacrylate
- Super- super glue
- Cures humidity
- Clog free pin cap attached to a pin point nozzle
- Sets and dries up within a couple of seconds
- Easy squeeze bottle
- Low Viscosity
- Perfect for heavy duty projects and repairs
- Super strength formula for repairing rubber seals, wiper blades, metal car parts, toys, cameras, costume jewelry, figurines and O-rings
- Capable of bonding rubber, ceramic, metal, fabric, chipboard, wood, cardboard, paper, cork, leather and plastics such as Plexiglas, polycarbonate, PVC and polystyrene.
Common Applications and Substrates for Loctite 406 Adhesive
- Abrasive tips to metal-machine tools
- ABS to PVC – Vacuum cleaners
- Acrylic to PVC – Plastic fencing
- Aluminium to rubber pads – Ladders
- Braided sleeve to rubber – Hoses
- Glass-filled polyurethane to steel – Firearm assembly
- Paper to PVC – Packaging materials
- PVC to EPDM rubber – Appliance consoles
- Stainless steel to carbon fiber-cutlery
- Synthetic rubber to ABS – Legs to equipment housings
- Urethane foam rubber to painted steel – Handle grips
Benefits of Loctite 406 Super Glue
- Very fast fixture speed
- Very rapid results, even in difficult circumstances
- Particularly suited for bonding a wide assortment of materials, such as chromate plated parts, cork, elastomers, fabric, leather, metals, paper, plastics, wood, etc.
Additional Information on Loctite 406
Loctite Prism 406 cyaoacrylate is a wicking viscosity super glue and will bond very well to most materials. Loctite 406 is surface insensitive cyanoacrylate excelling in dry and acidic conditions.
Use 406 for bonding plastics, elastomers, metals and platings. This super glue is available in 3 gram, 20 gram and 1lb sizes.
* Contact us for less than case pricing.
Loctite 406 Adhesive Specifications
- Agency Approvals / Specifications: ISO 10993
- Color: Clear
- Cure Type: Moisture Cure
- Substrates: Thermoplastic, Plastic: Thermoset Plastic, Metal, Elastomer, Rubber
- Technology: Cyanoacrylate
- Viscosity: (Brookfield mPa.s (cP)) 20
- Viscosity: Temperature (°C) 25
- Viscosity: Temperature (°F) 77
Questions about Loctite 406? Our team of adhesive specialists can help. Submit your questions and we'll get you answers right away.
Guaranteed Safe Checkout
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
|Type||Cyanoacrylate Super Glue||Cyanoacrylate Super Glue|
|Brand||Henkel Loctite||Infinity Bond|
|Viscosity||20 cps||5 - 4,000 cps|
|Temp Resistance||-65F to 250F||-65F to 250F|
|Size||3 gram bottle|
20 gram bottle
1 lb bottle
|1 oz bottle
1 lb bottle
These values are approximate. Manufacturers often use different parameters for determining adhesive properties. Refer to manufacturer data sheets for detailed specifications. If you have questions, don't hesitate to contact us.