Gluegun.com carries the widest selection of disposable static mixer nozzles anywhere, all at guaranteed low prices.
Know what your looking for - Shop All Static Mixers Here
Shop by Brand
What Are Static Mixers Used For?
Disposable static mixers or static mix nozzles, are used for two part reactive adhesive dispensing. This means two parts of an adhesive are stored in a single cartridge with two separate chambers. A static mixer is then attached to the cartridge mixed as it makes its way through the nozzle. When the two parts of the adhesive come together they react and begin to cure or bond.
Breaking down static mixers:
What is an Element? An element is a layer or step that the 'A' and 'B' parts of the adhesive travel through as they mix. As they travel through these elements, the adhesive divides and recombines into a homogeneous stream. Static mixers come in a wide range of element numbers, types and materials.
How many elements do I need? Below is a breakdown of the general recommended number of elements based on adhesive type. These may change depending on adhesive viscosity, cure time, etc.
- Silicones: 20-30 Element Nozzle
- Polysulfides: 24-32 Element Nozzle
- Urethanes: 24-36 Element Nozzle
- Epoxies: 15-24 Element Nozzle
- Acrylics: 8-20 Element Nozzles
Static Mixer Tip Types
- Stepped Tips: Disposable static mixers with stepped tips can be cut at various points to increase the size of the adhesive bead being dispensed. These ends are simple and don't require any adapters or needles to adjust bead size. The downside comes when fine dispensing is required.
- Tapered Tip - Tapered tips are not adjustable and for the most part, will not accept needles or fine tips. This is a very simple and easy way to dispense common bead sizes.
- Luer Lock - Luer lock tips give users the ability to add needles or tips for very precise adhesive dispensing. Often, this disposable nozzle style requires a Luer Lock Adapter like this one from TAH/Nordson or this one from Sulzer Mixpac. After the adapter is attached, needles and tips can easily be locked into place.
- Spiral static mixers are the most tried and true technology for disposable static mixing. They are typically round and have many different options in terms of mixing elements, sizes and materials used. There are spiral mixers for both hand dispensing and machine dispensing depending on application needs.
- Turbo static mixers allow for equal or higher mixing in shorter nozzle sizes allowing users to get closer their substrates when applying adhesive. Turbo mixers also have less material waste due to less adhesive being left behind in the mixer after a cartridge is emptied.
Which static mixer is right for my application?
Check out our blog on choosing the right disposable static mixer for your application.
What about the cartridge gun?
Shop our complete line of cartridge guns from Nordson, Sulzer, 3M and Cox here.
Still have questions?
Contact one of our adhesive experts to find the perfect solution the first time for your application - (855)437-7700 or contact us here.